Search This Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Review: Comparison of Primal Pit Paste Regular, Strong and Stick Natural Deodorants


Recently I have been testing out many natural deodorants from several brands. I have tried three version of Primal Pit Paste which I will compare for you. Primal Pit Paste deodorants are well known as being a great performer in the natural deodorant world. They have a wide variety of scents as well as formulas. If you are new to natural deodorants, read my previous blog post on Switching to Natural Deodorant for some tips to get started!

Primal Pit Paste Thyme & Lemongrass Deodorant (Regular formula)
Ingredients: Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Arrowroot Powder, Aluminum Free Baking Soda and Essential Oils

Price: $8.95 for a 2 oz. jar (Primal Pit Paste sells trial size jars for $3.95)

Performance: I love the lemon scent which is strong. I personally love a strong scented deodorant that I can smell throughout the day so I know if it has worn off or not. This deodorant comes in a glass jar that you apply with your fingers which takes a little more effort than stick deodorants. The paste is not wet feeling so you do not need to wait for it to dry before dressing. I also have not had a problem with it leaving any residue on clothes.  As long as I apply the right amount to the entire pit, this deodorant will last all day. The scent of thyme and lemongrass lasts all day as well. You will still sweat with this deodorant because it is not an antiperspirant. However, other natural deodorants I have tried do leave me feeling a bit less sweaty than this one does. I really do love this deodorant and I know I do not have to worry about reapplying throughout the day to combat smelliness.

Rating: 9 out of 10



Primal Pit Paste Lavender Deodorant (Strong Formula)

Ingredients: Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Arrowroot Powder, Aluminum Free Baking Soda and Essential Oils (contains more baking soda than the original for those who needer stronger defense against BO)

Price: $8.95 for a 2 oz jar

Performance: The scent of this deodorant is nice but is not as strongly scented as the lemongrass one. I do not smell the lavender scent at the end of the day but it is still working. The extra baking soda is not recommended for people with sensitive skin because it can cause irritation. I do find this to be a little irritating when rubbing it on, especially if I have just recently shaved. The extra baking soda does also help with keeping you more dry. So i sweat a bit less than I would with the regular formula.

Rating: 8 out of 10




Primal Pit Paste Stick in Orange Creamsicle

Ingredients: Organic Coconut Oil, Organic Shea Butter, Organic Arrowroot Powder, Organic Beeswax, Aluminum Free Bakins Soda, Essential Oils

Price: $10.95 for a 2 oz stick

Performance: I was the most excited about the scent of this product because I love orange creamsicles! But sadly, this one seems barely scented which might be because of the formulation. I also thought that this version would be super convenient since it is in a traditional stick form but it does not easily glide on. You have to let is warm up from the body heat in order to spread it on. So i usually end up rubbing it in the same way I do for the other jar versions. I do not feel that this one is as strong and does not last as long. It may be because I can't tell if I've applied enough. But i find myself needing to reapply only a couple hours into the day. I do not think that for me this version is worth $2 extra dollars, and I plan on trying the Orange Creamsicle scent in the jar formula for sure!

Rating: 6 or 7 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment